Similar to previous versions of Windows, Windows 10 also allows you to change the type of user account. Using this feature, you can easily change standard account users into administrative accounts or vice versa. To change the type of account you need to log in to the Administrator account. Here are three easy ways to change user accounts in Windows.
Method 1 : Use the Settings function in Windows 10
- First go to Start Menu on the left -> Click on Settings
- On the Settings window, click on the “Accounts” icon (your account, sync settings, work, family).
- On the “Accounts” -> Click “Family & other users” -> Click the account name you want to change to the admin account, and then click “Change account type“
- Under “Account type” -> Change to “Administrator” -> Click OK
That’s what to do !
Method 2 : Use Control Panel in Windows 10
- First open Control Panel in windows 10 -> Click “Change account type“. If the “User Account Control” dialog box appears, click YES
- At this point the list of existing accounts appears -> Click on the account you want to change
- Click “Change the account type“
- The “Choose a new account type” window appears> Click “Administrator“> Click “Change Account Type“
And that’s what to do !
Method 3 : Use the command from the RUN window
- First press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run dialog box then type “Netplwiz” press the Enter key to open the USER ACCOUNT window.
- On the USER ACCOUNT window at USER -> Select the user account you want to administer -> Click on “Properties“
- The “Properties” panel appears. Select the “Group Membership” tab. Click “Administrator” -> Click Apply to switch accounts
And that is all the methods to help you convert accounts in Windows 10 easily
You can refer to the article below for more information :