Active time used to prevent Windows 10 from automatically restarting to install updates
- Hours of operation are nothing but time of day when you do not want Windows 10 to automatically restart to install the update. The Active Time feature allows you to set the operating hours up to 18 hours (12 hours at Anniversary Update and before construction). For example, if you set the operating hours from 6 AM to 11 PM, windows 10 will not restart your computer during that time to finish installing the update.
- And if in case you are using your computer during overtime, windows 10 will display a message before restarting your computer so you can save your work, if any.
- Finally, you can navigate to Settings -> Update & Security -> Restart Windows Update to check if there is an extra moonlighting schedule. And if you want to install the update during active hours, click the restart button now.
Set working hours in Windows 10
- Here is how to set the hours of operation in Windows 10 to prevent Windows 10 from automatically restring your computer to complete installation of updates during your hours of operation.
Step 1 : Open the application installation, and navigate to Update & Security -> Windows Update.
Step 2 : Under Update settings section, click Change link working hours.
Step 3 : Select start time and end time. Finally, click the Save button.
- For example, if you do not want Windows 10 to restart between 8 AM and 9 AM, select 9 as the start time and 21 as the end time.
- And if Windows 10 has installed update (s) and restart is expected to complete the installation of the update, you can use the option to restart Windows Update to temporarily replace the running time and a schedule. The custom time to complete the pending update (s).
Schedule a custom time to restart and install the update
Step 1 : Open the application settings. Navigate to Update & Security -> Windows Update.
Step 2 : In the update settings, click Restart option.
Step 3 : Turn on custom reboots and set a time and date. That’s it !
Good luck !
If you need more information, please click the link below to get more information :